He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed.
- Psalm 107:29

"In oceans deep my faith will stand/
I will call upon your name/
And keep my eyes above the waves/
When oceans rise/
My soul will rest in your embrace/
For I am yours and you are mine."
- Hillsong United, Oceans

Thursday, July 5, 2012

lord, have your way

I've been thinking a lot lately about surrender. About Jesus, the Good Shepherd. About following wherever He leads.

Like St. Augustine, I have long tired of running from Him. It's the scariest thing to ask Him to change you, transform you, reshape you and remake you. And the walls around my heart are made of stone.

But no matter how far you run, there's always that still small voice, calling you home, "Come. Come.."

And, He tells us, He calls us by name, and we, His lost sheep, will always recognize His voice. No matter how far we wander.

It's been a long, hard tug-of-war, and I have fought Him over every little thing He asks of me. But how can I deny Him? Him who poured out every inch of Himself for me?

Today, give Him your praise, your worship. I don't know if you're aware of my epic love for Hillsong United, but their new CD, "Cornerstone", is just as incredible as all their other ones. Watching this video, I couldn't help but cry out to Jesus. Make these words your words, let Him heal your broken heart and bind up all your wounds.




Lord, have your way in me...

No comments:

Post a Comment